Volunteers from our parent group and the Lendlease company worked very hard, shovelling sand and mulch, covering tables, planting and painting ‘the wall’ to beautify the school. It is looking great in the main playground and the kinder outdoor learning space, with just a few finishing touches to complete what we planned. This was a huge day to organise and we would like to thank:
- Michael Ljubic who proposed our school for the Lendlease project initially and then co-ordinated the volunteers and appropriate paperwork.
- All the parent volunteers who worked so hard. (I’m sure there were a few sore muscles this morning!)
- Lisa Emerton who liaised, organised work structures and timetables, ordered materials and so much more.
- Sally Harrison, education officer for early learning from the CSO who advised on and helped design the kinder learning space, and was project manager on the day. Sally also organised for the carpenter Jeff and apprentice Daniel from ‘Sean Gale Landscaping’ to attend on the day.
- All the staff, including casual relief teacher, Mr Mulkeen and our student teachers for pitching in on the days before to haul timber, pick up materials and clean up.
- Kerry Bradley for preparing the area for the new cubby to be installed on Monday.
- Denise Sprakel, from our parish and volunteer at the school for keeping the workers fed and hydrated all day.
- Class parents from years 3&4 for organising the parents of their class to provide morning and afternoon tea goodies.
- Nyree Hopkins, activities organiser from Bunnings at Narrabeen who very generously donated many of the materials we needed.
- Cameron O’Brien from Dulux who consulted with us on paints and donated what we needed.
- Chris Outred who did carpentry for 2 days.
Thank you to our sponsors
- Bunnings Narrabeen