LIFE AT JOEY’S: Handball is one of our most popular playground games and the rules can be hotly contested. The students have worked together to agree on a set of guidelines – the St Joseph’s Narrabeen official handball rules. Game on!
St Joseph’s Four Square Handball Rules
● Board order – If your name lands first, you start in Kings and others stand in Queen, Jack, Dunce in order of arrival at the court. The rest line up as reserves around the court
● The King serves and the serve must be fair
● The King can serve to anyone
● The King should only serve when all the players are ready
● If you are out, you go to the end of the line
● Each player moves up to the next square when someone is out
● The new player enters at Dunce
● If the ball lands on the line, replay the point
● You must be in your own square
● Play fairly and be a good sport
● Any unkind words or yelling at another player = removal from the game until the next day or at teacher’s discretion
● No one is ever allowed to push in on the line!
● No low or high unfair shots – replay
● If you purposely are playing unfairly by doing low shots, then others must seek help from the teacher on duty.
● No rolls
You are OUT if:
● The ball bounces twice in your square before or after you hit the ball
● You hit the ball into another square on the full
● You miss the ball
● The ball goes out of the court
● You roll the ball
● You grab the ball
REMEMBER TO BE A GOOD SPORT, USE KIND WORDS AND ACCEPT IT WHEN YOU GET OUT
NEXT: Did you miss the photos from the 2020 Book Week? Check them out here.